ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) by LivingWorks is a two-day workshop giving you the knowledge and confidence to help those in crisis. ASIST will enables to community members to better discuss and approach the topic of suicide, and it is among the most reputable programs for creating a suicide-safer community.
ASIST is a evidence-backed workshop, and the results speak for themselves. Here’s what over 30 peer-reviewed studies and government reports on ASIST found:
- Improves trainee skills and readiness.
- Safe for trainees, with no adverse effects from training.
- Interventions shown to increase hope and reduce suicidality.
- Training shown to increase general counseling and listening skills.
- Saving lives and costs, yielding return on investment of up to 50:1.